Fall: It’s quite amazing how happy this silly season can make us feel. Like an old friend, every time it comes around, it feels as if it never left. We are comforted by the sound of the crunchy, golden leaves being stepped on, racks upon racks of snuggly clothes and, of course, we can’t forget those damn delicious PSLs. No matter what the reason is for why you hopelessly fall for this season every year, there is one thing that we always wish there were more of: bright + colorful coats. Just because the days are getting grayer doesn’t mean we should only wear dark colors too. Call it a rebellious spirit or an undying love of all things technicolor, but these 13 colorful jackets might be just what you need to lift your sartorial spirits this fall.
1. Maison Scotch Classic Tailored Jacket In Bonded Fabric ($264): A car coat is one of the pieces that belongs on every girl’s must-have list. Not only are they straight up classy, they go with everything in your closet. If you already have one kicking around, consider stepping outside the box with a striking pink hue.
2. Silence + Noise Jacquie Sherpa Womens Parka Coat ($139): A jacket with a collar that ginormous wins the cozy girl award in our book. The flowy piece is perfect to layer over a lighter fall jacket on those so-cold-it-hurts days, and pair with a knitted beanie. Rock with joggers to run errands or velvet trousers for a chilly night out.
3. Front Row Shop Embroidered Trench Coats for Women ($66): Constantly being bundled up is the reality when fall weather hits in full-force, meaning those perfectly put-together outfits are often under wraps. That’s why a stand-out coat is an absolute must in order to show off some personality. Front Row Shop totally gets it, thus this vibrant, kaleidoscope-inspired trench.
4. Monki Color Block Bomber Jacket ($63): Pull up the sleeves to this silky smooth bomber jacket to add some kick-ass vibes to your laid-back weekend outfit.
5. BDG Snap Front Poncho Jacket ($50): If you’ve been wondering how to give your rain gear an of-the-moment upgrade, a poncho-style outer layer is what you need. Throw in a sunny shade of yellow and you’re golden — even in the event of rain.
6. Banana Republic Moto Cocoon Coat ($298): The warm weather might have gone into hibernation mode, but that doesn’t mean you have to let go of those easy, breezy summertime vibes. Keep the dream alive even on the darkest days with a playful pastel coat. It’ll brighten up everything from skinny jeans to mini dresses in seconds flat.
7. Topshop Faux Fur Trim Lightweight Parka ($135): Layering is vital when the temperatures drop, which is where this hand faux-fur trimmed parka comes in. Toss it over a cozy knit, add on a fisherman’s hat and you’re ready for whatever weather the day brings.
8. & Other Stories Wool Coats for Women With Leather Belt ($325): One of the reasons why we love & Other Stories is not just because they produce great modern takes on wardrobe staples, but they always pay attention to the smallest detail. For instance, this jacket looks stunning on its own, but add a leather belt, and we just died and went to fall-coat heaven. Plus, it’s the best inspiration for matching your jacket + pants, period.
9. DOMA Golden Moto Leather Jacket ($655): Need an excuse to buy another leather jacket? We didn’t think so. Being a complete bad ass doesn’t mean you always have to wear black (although, black is never a bad idea). This DOMA jacket will add next-level sass and edge to your fall ensemble the next time you go to see your favorite band at the local venue.
10. FRS Suedette Colorful Block Collarless Trench Coat ($71): Ready to turn some heads? This multi-color number will guarantee that all eyes are on you. For an even more fashion-forward ensemble, don’t forget the statement steppers. Our choice? Ankle boots with funky heels or platforms to hit that ‘70s vibe head on.
11. Tiger Mist Patched Faux Fur Coat ($119): Puffer coats are an obvious choice when the mercury dips, but faux fur for women are the ultimate cozy alternative. They deliver an unparalleled sartorial punch — especially when bright colors are involved — and make everything from leggings to shirt dresses feel ultra (ULTRA!) glam.
12. Numph Rebecca Parka ($249): Don’t let cool weather keep you from looking your best. Brave the cold in style with a soft puffer coat in a pleasant shade of plum and a pair of rugged lace-up boots.
13. Zara Wool Coat ($129): This mustard-colored coat is just screaming to be on your bod. Mix it up with a printed shirt and add a chunky scarf to throw the whole outfit together to be ready for fall, just like that.
How do you style bright, bold coats during the fall season? Let us know in the comments below!